Do you know these popular TV Celebrities changed their names and the reason behind it will shock you. Read the full story to know who changed their name and why!
1. Gauahar Khan from Gauhar KhanAfter pursuing modeling, she made her acting debut with Yash Raj Films’ Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year. She became a popular name in the inndustry after she won the bigg boss season 7. Reports suggest that actress made these changes before entering in the house. Must say a little change done by Gauhar Khan in the spelling of her name did wonders to her.
[Also see: Gauhar Khan sizzles in the latest Tony Kakkar Track, ‘Teri Kamar Pe’]
2. Anita Hassnandani from Natasha HassnandaniBefore she entered in entertainment industry Anita was originally known as Natasha Hassanandani. She just not added or deleted alphabet from her name but changed the whole name. The reason behind changing name is that She felt ‘Anita’ would be more common name and hence had more chances of becoming popular.
[Also see: Your Life Before Marriage vs After Marriage Portrayed Through Pictures!]
3. Ayushmann Khurrana from Ayushman Khurana
Ayushmann Khurrana added an extra ‘n’ at the end of his name because he hoped that it’d bring him good luck.
4. Rashmi Desai from Divya Desai
Rashmi revealed to media about changing her name from Divya to Rashmi. She was quoted saying, “I was Divya Desai till about nine years back when I used to do regional cinema. My mother changed my name after consulting a professional numerologist. The name-change worked for me as I feel it has brought me good luck. I am happy that I changed my name; it’s given me a completely new identity in the industry.”
[Also see: Siddharth Shukla To Be THROWN OUT Of ‘Dil Se Dil Tak’?]
5. Mahhi Vij from Mahi VijShe is among one those tv celebrities changed their name according to numerology. She added an extra ‘h’ in Mahi. She is best known for playing the role of Nakusha in Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Nandini in Balika Vadhu.
6. Karanvir Bohra from Manoj BohraNaagin actor Karanvir Bohra himself narrated the story behind changing name. The story something like this: “My maternal grandfather kept my janampatri name Karanvir and my paternal grandfather named me Manoj. He was close to the superstar Manoj Kumar and wanted me to become like him. It was after Kasautii Zindagi Kay, especially after my wedding, that I decided to go back to Karanvir. It sounds nice and dynamic. I was doing well as Manoj and things have become better as Karanvir. I believe your stars and blessings make all the difference.”
7. Raqesh Vashisht from Rakesh BapatHe did his first film of his career with ‘Rakesh Bapat’ name. Later he replaced the alphabet ‘k’ with ‘Q’ in his first name and changed his surname from Bapat to Vashisht as it was his family gotra. Raquesh says that :‘Q’ sounds and looks good in my name as I am a painter too. I haven’t changed my name in bank records and other things. My name makes me feel positive and good.” And this is how thsi Qubool Hai actor made it into the list of Tv celebrities changed name because of rare and unusual reason.
8. Mallika Sherawat from Reema LambaTo avoid confusion with other actresses named Reema, she adopted the screen name of “Mallika” which means queen and “Sherawat” is her mother’s maiden name. Mallika has been part of television reality show.
9. Akshay Kumar from Rajiv BhatiaThe real name of this Bollywood ‘Khiladi’ is Rajiv Bhatia. He changed his name to Akshay after he decide to make his career in Bollywood.
10. Salman Khan from Abdul Rashid Salim Salman KhanBigg Boss 11 host chnaged his name from Abdul Rashid Salim Khan to Salman Khan after entering in Bollywood. Seems like stars have favoured him and today he is of the biggest celebrity in the industry.
For more latest news and updates stay tuned with us!