Baahubali 2: The Conclusion has three female characters in lead- Maharani Devasena (Anushka Shetty), Avanthika (Tamannaah) and Shivagami (Ramya Krishnan). Talking about Shivagami, she is the Rajmata of Mahishmati kingdom. Her character is strong and fearless and her roles in both the franchises are praiseworthy. She won the audience’s heart with her power packed performance.
Today we will let you know some of the unknown facts of this legendary actress.
1. She was born on 15th September 1970 and Cho Ramaswamy, an Indian comedian and actor is her uncle.
2. Ramya did movies in more than 200 films in Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu.
3. She is a trained dancer in various dance forms like Bharathanatyam, Kuchipudi and Western.
4. At the age of 13, Ramya put her step in the industry and made her debut in a Malayalam movie, Neram Pularumbol. Then she appeared in Tamil movie Vellai Manasu in 1985.
5. She is the popular face not only in South but she has done many films in Bollywood too. She has done movies with legendary actors like Amitabh Bachchan in Bade Miyan Chote Miyan, Vinod Khanna in Parampara, Sanjay Dutt in Khalnayak, Nana Patekar in Wajood and Govinda in Banarasi Babu.
6. She got hitched with Telugu director, Krishna Vamsi on 12th June 2013. They have a son named Ritwik.
7. She received many accolades and awards for her contribution to the industry.
3 Filmfare Awards:
- a) Best Actress for â€œPadayappaâ€ (Tamil) in 1999
- b) Best Supporting Actress for â€œKonchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtamâ€ (Telugu) in 2009
- c) Best Supporting Actress for â€œBaahubali: The Beginningâ€ (Telugu) in 2015
2 Nandi Awards:
- a) Best Actress for â€œKante Koothurne Kanuâ€ in 1998
- b) Best Supporting Actress for â€œRaju Maharajuâ€ in 2009
Tamil Nadu State Film Awards:
- Best Actress (Special Prize) for â€œPadayappaâ€ in 1999
- The role of Shivagami was earlier offered to Sridevi. But as Sridevi charged a high fee for the role, so it didn’t work.
If we have missed any other facts of the actress, do comment on the section below.