“Sushant Singh’s family was already hinted about the film to be made”- Sanoj Mishra on the film ‘Shashank’

Durriya Bootwala September 4, 2020

The death of the actor Sushant Singh Rajput has become a mystery. With CBI now probing into the case, the angle of murder has been put at bay by the CBI. Several movies are pipelined to be made on the life of the actor. However, Vikas Singh who is the voice of Sushant’s family recently expressed the family’s decision.

“Sushant Singh Rajput’s family has decided that no film/serial/book should be written/made without the expressed consent of his father and without the script being shown to him. If anyone goes against it, they will do it at their own peril. Legal action will be taken if required.” said Vikas.

Also read: Shilpa Shinde alleges that Gangs of Filmistan is all about Sunil Grover; Quits the show

Director Sanoj Mishra had already announced the film Shashank starring Arya Babbar based on Sushant’s life. With the recent opinions of the family, Sanoj was taken by surprise. He said,  “I don’t know why they have reacted in this manner. Because when this incident had happened I had visited them in Patna and hinted that I was planning to make a film on it. That was not the time when I could ask them give me something in writing because they were facing a tragic loss. But I made an announcement from Patna and upon returning to Mumbai, I started work on this project. All this while they never said anything and made this statement now.”

Shashank based on Sushant Singh Rajput

Shweta Singh who is Sushant’s sister called for a boycott of the film on Twitter when the poster was released. To this Sanoj reacted, “The way Sushant’s family has boycotted the movie, it is very troublesome for me. I am planning to go to Patna again and meet them to speak about this. I will inform them what my movie is about and ask them the reason for boycotting it. I would like to clear everything with them.”