Filmmaker Rohit Shetty, whose film starring Ranveer Singh and Sara Ali Khan is doing super hit rounds at the box office. Â On it just Day 5, ‘Simmba’ reached around 100 crore at the box office.
‘Simmba’, a masala potboiler at heart, casts Ranveer as ‘Sangram Bhalerao’ aka ‘Simmba’. He is a corrupt yet cheerful Maharashtra Police officer who enjoys all the perks of being an immoral and unethical police officer. However, when ‘Simmba’ loved ones are abused, he finds himself transformed and forced to choose a more righteous path.
Ranveer Singh power packed performance and Sara Ali Khan mesmerizing charm enticed their fans so much that the film has received good word-of-mouth reviews and has been deemed as a good commercial entertainer by the reviewers.
Jointly produced by Rohit Shetty Pictures and Dharma Productions, ‘Simmba’ hit the screens on December 28.
Take a look at the facts you need to know
(1)The Ace director Rohit Shetty has become the first director in the history of Bollywood cinema to bring eight back-to-back films to have made more than Rs 100 crore at the domestic box office. His latest, theÂ Ranveer Singh-starrer ‘Simmba’, has made more than Rs 100 crore in five days of release.
(2) ‘Simmba’ is Rohit Shettyâ€™s first film to enter the Rs 100 crore club that is not headlined by either Ajay Devgan or Shah Rukh Khan.
(3) Sangram Bhalerao aka Ranveer Singh has delivered his fourth box-office century without Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Deepika Padukone. His previous super hit blockbuster films ‘Goliyon ki Raasleela Ram-Leela’ (2013), ‘Bajirao Mastani’ (2015) and ‘Padmaavat’ (2018) successfully reached Rs 100 crore club.
(4) Not only Ranveer Singh movie but also the very Gorgeous actress Sara Ali Khan Debut movie ‘Kedarnath’ scored Rs 100 crore last year.
(5) ‘Simmba’ is 2018â€™s 12th Hindi film to enter the Rs 100 crore-club.
(6) Rohit Shettyâ€™s movie ‘Simmba’ beats Shah Rukh Khanâ€™s movie ‘Zero’ with crossing 120 crore in just five days,whereas ‘Zero’ made only 80 crore in the first week.