Amid raising demands for a Central Bureau of Investigation probe in the late actor, Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, a three-judge bench of Supreme Court has rejected a petition seeking a CBI enquiry in the alleged suicide case.
Petitioner, lawyer Alka Priya, had demanded a CBI probe into the incident, as she claimed that the late actor was a good person and had done a lot of work for children by facilitating their training at NASA, hence, his death needs to be looked at.
To which, the Chief Justice of India S A Bobde, who was heading the bench said that it does not know whether the person was good or bad, emphasizing that the matter is being investigated by Mumbai Police.
“We are not on whether the person was good or bad. The matter is being investigated by Mumbai Police. We are dismissing it,” the bench said.
This high profile case is taking new courses with every passing time. It’s been nearly 45 days since the actor committed suicide but the mysteries around his death are still keeping the Mumbai Police on its toes. Earlier this week, Sushant’s father, Krishna Kumar Singh, had filed a complaint with Bihar police, accusing his rumoured girlfriend and actor Rhea Chakraborty, and six others, for the actor’s alleged suicide. Mr Singh claimed that Rhea had kept the actor away from his family and completely in her possession. He also accused the actress of handling his bank account, using his debit, credit cards to pay her shopping bills.
“At one point of time, my son decided to give up films, settle down in Coorg and pursue farming. He was blackmailed by Chakraborty who threatened him that she would make his medical history public and let the world know that he was mentally unstable, putting his career in jeopardy,” the father stated in the FIR.
Sushant Singh Rajput, on June 14 was found hanging from the ceiling of his Bandra residence, Mumbai.