1. Akshay Kumar’s latest attempted comedy, Entertainment, is exactly the kind of movie you expect Akshay Kumar to be a part of. I call it attempted comedy because it only attempts to be comical but never really is. Which is really sad. I so want Akshay Kumar to do a movie like Special Chabbis at least once a year but all you get from him are silly no-brainers that do not make me even smile.
2. This movie marks the debut of the director duo Sajid0Farhad, who have previously written scripts for movies like Golmaal Returns and Chennai Express. And clearly it is one of the worst performances. The story revolves around Akhil (Played by Akshay Kumar), who comes to know that he can inherit a huge fortune from a deceased diamond merchant. The only glitch is that a dog(see Entertainment) stands in the way, who if alive will inherit the whole fortune.
3. If I said I feel sad because Akshay Kumar scarcely comes with a good script, I feel worse for Tamannaah! She is so beautiful and charming but when your first 3 films comprise of Himmatwala, Humshakals and now this is just your bad luck. There is hardly any scope of acting for her apart from hamming away like Akshay Kumar himself. Even Krishna adds to your irritation.
4. I personally do not like the hit ‘Johnny Johnny’ song but apart from that the music of the movie is way better than the movie itself. At least that’s the least irritating part. The supporting cast of Mithun, Prakash Raj and Sonu Sood do exactly what they do in movie nowadays.
5. I honestly do not want to reprimand Akshay Kumar movies or anything but if you make such kind of cinema and expect genuine movie lovers to like it, you have got it wrong brother. Thank God they had Johnny Lever! The only person who stopped me from boxing the person sitting next to me. Avoid Entertainment for your own good!
Filmymantra Rating- 1/5