1. Akshay Kumar Before entering in Bollywood, Akshay Kumar use to teach martial arts in Mumbai. An aspiring photographer who happens to be his student recommended him into modelling. Soon he started getting modelling assignment. Even he worked as a background dancer in various films.
2. Ameesha PatelAmeesha Patel’s father and Hrithik Roshan’s father happens to be childhood friends. They were in the same school. When Rakesh Roshan found that Ameesha wants to try her luck in Bollywood he decided to cast her in his son’s debut film- ‘Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai’ for which she went up on winning ‘Zee Cine Award for Best Female Debut’.
3. Anushka SharmaFashion Designer Wendell Rodricks who has been listed among one Americas top ten designers, spotted Anushka in a jeans store in Bangalore where she was attending some fashion event. In 2007 Anushka made her runway debut at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Wendell Rodricks. Today she is counted among the top Bollywood actresses.
4. Arjun RampalFashion designer Rohit Bal spotted Arjun Rampal in a Delhi discotheque. After establishing himself as a model he tried his luck in Bollywood. In 2001 he made his Bollywood debut with Rajiv Rai’s Pyaar Ishq Aur Mohabbat for which he won Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
5. Bipasha BasuIn 1996, Arjun Rampal’s wife Mehr Jessia spotted bong beauty Bipasha Basu at a hotel in Kolkata, where she suggested her to take up modelling. Same year Bipasha participated in Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest and emerged out as a winner. In 2001 she made her Bollywood debut with Ajnabee for which she won Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut.
6. Ileana D’CruzThe manager of the hotel where her mother was working in, suggested her to make career in modelling. Soon people started noticing her through photo shoots and ramp shows. In 2006 she made her acting debut with Telugu film Devadasu and in 2012 she made Bollywood debut with Ranbir-Priyanka starer Barfi.
7. Kangana RanautAfter doing few modelling assignment and theater, she relocated to Mumbai to peruse her career in films where filmmaker Anurag Basu spotted her in a coffee shop. After that he took audition and she was finalized to play lead in 2006’s hit film Gangster.
8. Madhuri Dixit Bollywood’s Dhak Dhak Girl Madhuri Dixit was offered a film when she was 15 years old but her refused the offer because they thought Madhuri was too young for it. In 1984 she made her acting debut with Rajshri Productions’ movie Abodh. Though failed but Madhuri earned positive reviews from critics.
9. Manisha KoiralaTo study medicine, Manisha relocated to Delhi where she took few modelling assignments. Soon her focus shifted on making her career in Bollywood. In 2004, she she moved to New York City for a diploma in filmmaking. On one fine day filmmaker Subhash Ghai spotted Manisha and decided to cast her in Saudagar.
10. Priety ZintaAfter doing her post graduation in criminal psychology, Priety took up modelling. She appeared in television commercial of Perk chocolates which gave her chance to meet a director at a friend’s birthday party in 1996.
Stay tuned with us for more Bollywood news and featured stories.