10 MOVIES TO BE WATCHED ON REPUBLIC DAY
Congratulations everyone! As we all know it’s 67th Republic Day… So, We, Filmy Mantra present you with some must watch patriotic movies on Republic Day and realize the sacrifices done by our great soldiers and leaders. We hope you all get connected and enjoy!
1)Purab Aur Paschim : It was released in 1970. Its’ basically based on not leaving the ethics and culture wherever you stay but by adopting Indian traditions. It has all the hit songs of 70’s. Manoj Kumar, Saira Banu, Ashok Kumar, Pran and Prem Chopra leading the movie.
2) Border: Released in 1997, the movie Border was a real event occurred in 1971. It was an Indo-Pakistan war. This movie stars Sunny Deol, Sunil Shetty, Akshaye Khanna, Jackie Shroff, Tabu, Pooja Bhatt, Puneet Issar, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Raakhee and Sharbani Mukherjee. It somewhat specifies every soldiers’ story.
3) The Legend of Bhagat Singh: The Legend of Bhagat Singh was released in 2002. It’s a biographical film on Bhagat Singh who fought for Indian Indepence. The role of Bhagat Singh was played by Ajay Devgn followed by Sushant Singh and D. Santosh.
4) Maa tujhe salaam: This movie was released on 25th January, 2002 when tensions were quite high between India and Pakistan. This movie stars Sunny Deol, Tabu and Arbaaz Khan with impeccable performance
5)LOC Kargil: LOC Kargil was an ultimate movie released in 2003 featuring ample of stars in it. it is one of the most longest Indian film yet interesting based on Operation Vijay and Battle of Tololing around the Line Of Control.
6) Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo: This film was released in 2004 starring Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar, Bobby Deol (in a dual role), Divya Khosla Kumar, Sandali Sinha and Nagma. Its’ based on Indo-pak war and formation of Bangladesh.
7)Rang De Basanti: Rang De Basanti was released on 26th January, 2006. It’s an Indian drama starring Aamir Khan, Siddharth Narayan, Soha Ali Khan, Kunal Kapoor, Madhavan, Sharman Joshi, Atul Kulkarni and British actress Alice Patten in the lead roles. This film is about a British documentary filmmaker who wanted to make a film on Indian freedom fighters based on his grandfather’s diary entries who was former of the British Indian Army. She later asks a group of five to act in her documentary film.
8) Chak De! India: This is one of the most lovable and interesting movie in India and a blockbuster too. It was released in 2007 starring Shah Rukh Khan. This movie won many awards and the National Film Award for Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment. In this movie, the Khan decides to redeem himself and becomes the coach of the Indian Women Hockey team and turn the sixteen players into a championship unit.
9) Heroes: Heroes is a 2008 Hindi film starring Mithun Chakraborty, Sunny Deol, Salman Khan, Bobby Deol, Preity Zinta, Sohail Khan, Vatsal Sheth and Dino Morea. So Sameer (Sohail Khan) and Ali (Vatsal Sheth) wanted to make a documentary film for not joining the Indian Armed Forces and shoots different heart touching stories. Later, they themselves wanted to join the Army but couldn’t.
10) Airlift: The recent released movie Airlift starring Akshay Kumar, Nimrat Kaur, Purab Kohli and Lena is still in your nearest cinemas. PLEASE DO WATCH and feel proud of our country.