When the director of the film Siddharth Anand announced that he will bring two Bollywood hotties Tiger Shroff and Hrithik Roshan for War, fans were really excited. Most of us didn’t expect that it will be a bang at the box-office. But it made history, Hrithik and Tiger did wonderful work in the film.
The film crossed the 50 crore mark in Rs. 53.35 crore net all India on day 1. War was the mega released films like Thugs Of Hindostan and Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. Thug Of Hindostan was holding the top position of Bollywood’s biggest openers list collected Rs. 50.75 while Bahubali conclusion Rs. 41 crores on day 1 in Hindi.
‘War’ is now in competition with the magnum opus Sye Raa Narishma Reddy and Joker. Knowing it was also released in other South languages plus, War was released on around 3800 plus screens in Hindi.
War created 8 new records with its opening collections and set massive benchmarks for the industry!
Day: 1. Biggest Opening in the history of Hindi cinema
2. Biggest Opening for Hrithik
3. Biggest Opening for Tiger
4. Biggest opening for director Siddharth Anand
5. Biggest all-time holiday Opening
6. YRF’s Biggest All Time Opener
7. Biggest opening for an original film which is not a sequel.
8. Biggest opening for a film releasing on Gandhi Jayanti.
War crossed the epic 50 crore mark at the box-office on its opening day and that too with Hindi prints only.