New singers making it big in Bollywood. A Special Interview with a rising star Mr. Neeraj Bakshi with Filmymantra Team. Here are points that he shared with us.
Neeraj Bakshi is one of the most Versatile singer and performer from delhi . This Talented singer was born in delhi . He is considered as the one of the most popular voices for romantic as well as melodious songs and is one of the most versatile singers. He also started his career at a very young age of 17 years and has sung various add Jingels in Delhi for radio or T.V. Later he sang for a Bollywood Movie ” Hair is Falling ” Darta hai kyu .. Neeraj has Recently launched his few albums on Punjabi channels like etc Punjabi and MH1 and also he coming up with few More projects
- How did you get involved in Singing?
I use to sing from my childhood my parents saw my talent and ask me to learn and sing professionally…
- How long have you been a Singer? From where did you get started?
I m singing since I was in my college …I started learning Classicial music from Delhi Music school Gandharva Mahavidyalya and from my Guru ji Respected pt. Mohsin ali khan sahib…
- How many songs or albums you have done till now?
I had done 2 albums Recently and working on more new Projects will tell you soon about it.
- What kind of songs have you performed throughout your career? Are you satisfied with them?
Yes I am all satisfy with my performance and kind of songs I am performing are love songs, Sufi, Romantic and Bollywood stuff too.
- Tell me about an area in which you would like to improve as an singer?
Music is all about learning there are so many areas which I have to learn a lot like Classical Music.
- Do you ever think that you could have done a bit better in any particular field?
I am Good in Mimic also …. I use to copy so many singers like Kumar Shanu , Hariharan , Manna Day , Adnan Sami and others.
- Which is your favorite song that you have performed?
Kyunki tum hi ho is my favorite of these days and oldies are like Tere Bina Zindagi se Koi Shikwa to Nahi.
- What are your strong points as an Singing?
I have learned classical music and still I am learning …I can say I am good and strong in it.
- What have you learned from the directors/ singers that you have worked with throughout your career?
So many things I have learned as I am singing for Delhi radio I did so many add jingles already for big brands they taught me about expressions, Skills and on the spot singing , feel of song. These days I am composing my own songs just because of them.
10. What have you learned from your senior singers?
I had learnt many things like how to perform on stage how to interact with audience and how to improve your singing capabilities.
11. From where have you learned singing?
I had learnt Music from Delhi Music school Gandharva Mahavidyalya and from my Guru ji Respected Pt. Mohsin Ali khan Sahib.
12. How do you think film stars handle their popularity?
Well I Think Today’s Media is enough to make someone popular there are so many agencies who charge for your daily routine and updates to publish on internet, page 3 party , magazine n all.
13. What has been your biggest achievement in the field of singing?
Well today I am singing for big brands I performed in some Bollywood Movies and sung for Narendra Modi ji and add jingle of Bharat Nirmaan I think these are the biggest achievements.
14. What is the hardest part of being a celebrity?
You will not able to walk free , hangout with your friends.
15. Give me a few tips to be a successful singer?
Always do Riyaaz, learn music first , be down to earth always success in all your ways.
16. Who is your favorite Singer?
Sonu Nigam, Rahat Fateh Ali khan, A.R.Rehman and Hari Haran .
17. What are your forthcoming albums?
I am working on a lot of things. Besides album, I am also busy in composing for Bollywood music Directors will disclose it soon.
Interview By : Sumit Sharma