6 Things You DIDN’T Know About Katrina Kaif’s Movie Star Boyfriend : Ranbir Kapoor
Ranbir Kapoor has become one of the hottest young actors to rise in the Bollywood industry after his debut in â€œSaawaryaâ€ and even for Best Male Debut. After a successful hit with â€œYeh Jawaani Hai Deewaniâ€ with his ex-girlfriend Deepika Padukone, his fame rose as he continued to book more films such as â€œRoy,â€ â€œBombay Velvet,â€ â€œTamashaâ€ and more.
Now, here are six things you didn’t know about the actor:
1. Ranbir Kapoor is the co-founder of the production company Picture Shuru Productions. His upcoming film with Katrina Kaif, â€œJagga Jasoosâ€ is set to release under the production company in 2015.
2. Kapoor is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.
3. The â€œBombay Velvetâ€ actor is the co-captain of the All Stars Football Club, a celebrity football club to raise money for different charities. In 2013 he played the game to raise funds for the Magic Funds Organization, an NGO for underprivileged children.
4. Kapoor attended Bombay Scottish School in Mahim, but was never great in his academics. He admitted that he would always rank in the bottom five students of his class. He completed his education from the H.R. College of Commerce and Economics before relocating to New York City to learn film-making at the School of Visual Arts. He pursued method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute. Before becoming an assistant director to Sanjay Leela Bhansali for â€œBlack,â€ he starred in two short films called â€œPassion to Loveâ€ and â€œIndia.â€
5. Kapoor is currently committed to play the lead role in Karan Johar’s romantic drama â€œAe Dil Hai Mushkil,â€ which will apparently co-star Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Anushka Sharma.
6. Kapoor suffered from depression when his first serious relationship from the seventh grade ended. The troubled marriage between his parents, Rishi and Neetu Kapoor also made him realize how complex a man-woman relationship can be, which maybe a reason why he hasn’t popped the question to his rumored girlfriend Katrina Kaif.