Hailing from the suburbs of Kolkata to the Bollywood city (Mumbai), the journey of the famous singer, the hit YouTube Sensation has made her first debut into playback with the film “Wedding Anniversary” in 2017. The singer Amika Shail has struck the right chords with the cover song Khamoshiyan. Round the years, her dedication and perseverance have made her appear in plenty of reality shows, paving her way to popularity across the globe. Well, it’s not over. The famous singer is all set now to sizzle the silver screen with her first debut as an actor I am Roshni this year.
Difficult Times Fought Back
Well, though Kolkata has been her hometown, lack of opportunities has drawn the singer to Mumbai. However, after an overnight discussion with her parents and a friend helping her with a temporary accommodation in Mumbai has marked the beginning of her struggle. At first, she enrolled herself as a music teacher in a private school in order to support her expenses where she used to attend auditions and build connections with music directors.
The hectic schedule took a toll on her health and finally she had to quit her job. A sudden call from Mohit Chauhan’s team took a new turn in her life as an aspiring singer. At that time, Mohit Chauhan and his team were looking for a female singer to be part of their concert in the US for a month. The show gave a huge financial boost firming my grounds in Mumbai city.
Amika Revealing Some Quick & Interesting Facts about her!
- I have started learning singing just at the age of 5. My father has been completely against singing when I was a child. He wanted me to take doctor as my career.
- My first singing reality show has been Zee TV “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa”. I was in the top 10. At that time, I was wearing glasses and was named Gitashree Shil.
- My real name has been Gitashree Shil, my grandmother has given this name, later renamed Amika Shail when I stepped in the industry.
- Priyanka Chopra and Shreya Ghosal have been the two role models in my life.
- My hobbies – Playing badminton and horse riding.
- I love to spend my lonely time, yeah! I am fond of me-time. Honestly, I am not too good at making friends.
- No alcohol, No smoking. Even I don’t go for parties.
- My first crush has been a teacher at my school. I have an inclination on older men than the teenagers.
- I have pursued my graduation but have dropped out of college as I used to stay busy with several singing offers.
- I was in the top 5 of “Star Voice of India” that has helped me to become a national fame.
- I am hailing from Uttarpara, Hooghly (Kolkata).
- I have made multiple songs on YouTube and has ranked among top 10 YouTube artist in India.