Shilpa Shinde, the name is enough! She was one of the most popular names in Indian television industry, even before entering the Bigg Boss 11 house. The actress has been working in the industry for more than 15 years. She has done shows like Maayka, Bhabhi, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai and Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain to name a few.
Shilpa participated in the biggest reality show Bigg Boss 11. She was crowned winner by beating many strong contestants like Hina Khan, Vikas Gupta and Hiten Tejwani. She receivedÂ lots of appreciation and love from viewers for her kind and motherly nature. She is literally one of the most loved contestants in the history of Bigg Boss 11. She had a huge fan following, which was evident on social media. She has more than 3 million Tweets in her name. Today, we have come up with 10 unknown facts about Shilpa Shinde, which will make you love her even more.
1. Shilpa was born on 28th August 1977 in Mumbai. Initially, she didn’t get any support from her family when she decided to make a career in entertainment industry.
2. Contrary to everyone perception, Shilpa is a highly educated figure. She has done her graduation in psychology from K. C. College, Mumbai. Her father wanted her to be a lawyer, but she decided to be an actress.
3. Before making her television debut, she has appeared in Telugu films ‘Chhina’ and ‘Shivani’ in 2001. She did an item number in the movie titled ‘Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi’ in 2017.
4. Shilpa played a negative role in TV series Bhabhi. After the show, she started getting offers of negative roles, which she refused.
5. Her father is an inspiration to her. She went into depression after his death. She even thought of quitting acting. The actress considers that phase as the most challenging phase of her life. She came out of that phase with her brilliant acting in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain.
6. Shilpa loves painting and the actress is pretty good at it. She considers painting as her stress buster. She has painted many corners of her home herself.
7. Shilpa Shinde is also an interior designer. Her home is decorated by her only. She has done everything from designing window curtains to staircases.
8. Shilpa is very emotional and kind in her real life. She hates manipulating things. The actress wants to open an NGO and old age home. These things will make her fans even prouder.
9. As far as her personal life is concerned, the actress was in love with her co-star Romit Raj, whom she met on the set of Maayka. They were engaged in 2009. However, Shilpa called off the marriage just one month prior to the wedding. She canceled the wedding, as she was unable to meet the increasing demands of Romit and his family.
10. Shilpa Shinde became a household name for the portrayal of Angoori Bhabhi in Bhabhi Ji Ghar Par Hain. However, the actress quit the show in 2016 after her tiff with the makers of the show. She has accused producers of mental torture.
That’s all, Folks!